Monday, August 30, 2010

Inspired From Isaiah 6

I dropped to my knees in the dark of night
Broken down so no longer could I stand
My heart split in half begging for his sight
It hemorrhaged from my body to hand

He appeared with thunder and quaking earth
A presences which shook my very core
Innards of my body froze and rattled at once
Time stopped in place for it did not exist

All man’s invention became rudimentary
All life seemed to open with the heavens
I stood awed and ashamed to be in his presence
Never could I consider myself a clean man

Purity I had never witnessed lifted on high
On high before me, and I could not look
The sight too powerful for human eyes
To truly see him is too much for man
Lord God is too perfect for our eyes

2 comments:

  1. Matt, what powerful words and interpretation of the accounting from Isaiah. Amazing how the knowledge of His purity/holiness has the power to reveal our total lack of it. I'm going to share your blog with my daughter - I know she'd love this post.

    Thanks, Matt!

    (P.S. -- I just love your mama!). :)

    ~Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much Ruth. That chapter is my favorite in the Bible. The first time I read Isaiah 6, it was a humbling read and God truly spoke to me. I hope your daughter enjoys it.
    God Bless, it is good to have my mom's blogers reading :).

    ReplyDelete